A Journey through Lent with hymns – Thoughts to ponderby Dr. Zelda Robinson on March 11, 2022
1) What do you believe the American slaves got out of the dream of Jacob?
2) What lessons are we to draw from the Genesis passage today?
3) Compare the best of our attempts to praise God here and now, with what we can expect in heaven. What will be some of the differences?
4) Various “crowns” are spoken of in the New Testament–rewards for faithful service, for suffering for the cause of Christ, and so on (cf. I Cor. 9:24-27; Jas. 1:2-3, 12).
What is the significance of these crowns being cast before the throne of God (Rev. 4:10-11)?
5) What are the most profoundly encouraging thoughts in this hymn?
6) What is there in God’s “help” in your own past that gives you “hope” for the future?
7) In your view, what is the greatest thing about our great God?
8) Why are there relatively few in the world who worship our great and wonderful God?